Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Pencil Case Held in Hand

I was nervous when I entered the first door of my elementary life. My mom and I walked to the school with my pencil case in my hand. Mom brought my backpack and lunch box. As we arrived in the classroom, mom put several Mongol 2 pencils in the pencil case. With a stern look, Mom said, "Ayaw gyud ni wagtanga or gub-a imong mga lapis!". I was threatened and said yes.
My classmates snatched and destroyed every single pencil they would grab and find. I don't want my pencil case to be maltreated so I put it on my desk until my seat mate, Carlo grabbed it and snapped each pencil in half. I cried when Mom came to pick me up, still grasping on the pencil case in my hand.
" Nganong nihilak ka day?". Mom asked as she got my pencil case and opened it. She was shocked at first but she embraced me tightly. I stopped crying. Since then, I value my pencils and never put it on my desk, or exposing it on my hand because I might lost it or some person will just destroy my mom's little presents.

No comments: