Monday, February 25, 2013

Eponine

I was done watching Les Miserables (yes, I'm a noob because I was out of date) and I cannot help to relate my life to the role of Eponine (which was played by Samantha Barks).

Unrequited love is not new to me. It is ironic when guys whine and complain that girls always "friendzone" (* just friends) them. Too bad, girls like Eponine and me are not exceptions to the friendzone syndrome. I have been to her shoes. I imagine that the guy that I like was walking beside me on my own. I pretend to be happy because he is near. I love him but only on my own. Though most of the people know me barely noticed it, My life has been cold and dark but I am unafraid.

I remember the guy that I used to love from a distance long ago. It took me a decade (10 years, and it is a true story) to get over the feeling since the guy is a long friend of mine. I have been to the path that Eponine went. I cared for the guy and treat him honestly and lovingly yet his eyes were blinded by another girl. I experienced being the bridge for them to be together for I know that would make him happier. I make a move for the guy for the girl to like him. I know that you will screw me up for being so naive and innocent but for me, it is the right thing because it would make him happy. I never told him what I really felt in the last 10 years and the feeling inside rot through time.

Somehow, I dislike girls who always complain that they need a guy by their side always. They cannot live without them and they cannot breathe without them. They are the ones who were desperate to need somebody by their side. However, I was not wired that way. Forgive me for being so bitter (or in my term, realist), I am more comfortable living alone.

I would like to end this by quoting the best line (for me) of Eponine in Les Miserables:

"Don't you fret, Monsieur Marius. I don't feel any pain. A little fall of rain can hardly hurt me now."




No comments: