Thursday, April 4, 2013

UPD

That guy who is now in University of the Philippines Diliman, if you ever found this, this is how I really feel:

Sometimes the worst part of being in love is its uncertainty. People longed for this emotion that sometimes they never mind being vulnerable because it is love, a fluttering emotion that gives happiness, bliss, and joy. However, the idea of it is beautiful but it does not mean that it’s always happy.

 In the past, I dreamed that my love story will be similar to my parents- they are childhood friends that ended up being together.  Such happiness and joy that they ended up but despite of that, they still argue but it is natural in a rational way. 

The only guy that I have ever loved was my first love from elementary. Honestly, part of my mind is the sense of longing that one day we will meet in the future, and maybe have a chance again. I dreamed that distance always makes the heart fonder and one day, he will realize that I still long for him and he is still there because he is special.  I believed the statement, that first love never dies and the fantasy that one day, we will meet and start again. The fantasy of good things will come to those who wait and long for it and the dream of us, ending up happily ever after.

However, as I grow and face reality, I shunned myself for thinking these thoughts when I was young. I beat myself for being an idiot, for dreaming that someday we will meet and realize that we can be more than friends. I waited for him but sometimes, back in my head that what if I waited for nothing thus again, leaving me lonely and defeated.

Furthermore, people change and feelings change. I accepted the fact that the love I endure cannot be reciprocated. Though I’m used to being the defeated person, if he is happy with another then let it be. I have no right to do anything because if it’s not meant to be, I have no choice but to leave it broken.

Leaving it broken, that’s how I’m used to live. I maybe strong on the outside but in the inside lay a broken and sad person. The thought of uncertainty that the love I build cannot be reciprocated is in the back of my head but the thought of there might be chance, is also there.

Honestly, love is a confusing maze because even this precise mind, cannot even figure out. However, I don’t really rush these things.

 I even prefer not to feel anything and stick to my own priorities and family and I still want to mend those wounds.

However, I still longed for that first love.

 Yes, even this precise mind is an idiot when it comes to love.

Honestly, I still longed for him even if it makes me sad because I’m hoping this sadness and sacrifice will pay off in the future.

 However, time will tell and life is unpredictable. These words that I constructed will become the biggest lies I have ever read in the future because I never underestimated the power of change.

One never knows what will happen but I still believe that God writes my own love story. God has plans for me because I’m his daughter.

And chances are, I don't want to think about it anymore. I choose to let you go and yeah, I have to keep moving forward.

“Without me, his world will go on turning, a world that’s full of happiness that I have never known.”-Eponine (Les Miserables)



No comments: