Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Demeaning

Our Social Science class is very valuable today because it hit me again. It is about socialization factors that I cannot explain further because you might get bored. I will just skip to the point.

Demeaning is a habit in which people put meaning and importance to an object and even a person that has intricate value.

One example is when one suffers from a nasty breakup. The scenario is the radio played the past couple's theme song and then, that specific person is angry, bitter, and depressed whenever that song is played.

It is just a song. Plainly, a song. The problem is, people give meaning to it and turning it to a monster that destroys lives.

I was struck in this habit because I put meaning to objects,experiences and even people. I give importance to them without any reason. (There might be something but I cannot really construct it.)

One important lesson that really blows me away is when our teacher explained, When will a person know that he/she has already moved on? He answered, If the person considered the painful scenario as a blessing.

Man, this subject really amazes me. 

I remembered holding on to that "guy" in the past years. Honestly, I am happy that I let the feeling go. Though the emotion left a hole inside my arteries and veins, time always heal and will dig ways to patch up the hole.

It's just an object, a person, an experience. Don't put any meaning on it because one will suffer if it is gone.

However, one has to admit that we demean everything. Especially, if one is on oxytocin and dopamine.(research on it, if you want to figure it out.)
 
Nice talking strange online paper. :)

No comments: