Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scribbles 13

You don't really know what I face everyday, but it's okay. Both of you are still the most important people in my life. 

Even though that you don't like the tone in my voice whenever I answer your questions, it's fine because I'm used to that. I still answered your questions as a sign of respect but if ever it resulted in a fiery dispute, then fine and forgive me for that. 

I'll just let it be. I will just listen to your advice and open my mind. Even though it hurts and sometimes I tend to hide those anxieties inside, I will still listen. Both of you are the most important people in my life and either I had no choice but to listen to your advice and I am up for a change.

I'm used to being that way, the fact that silence is my companion and my mind is my best friend. If only both of you can dig deep and read my mind, then I hope that you can understand. If only you will see me outside the claustrophobic walls of this house, then both of you will realize that this is who I really am. 

Forgive me for being that aloof and defensive daughter that you always interpreted inside the house. I am a person too and I make my own mistakes. I had my own problems to solve that sometimes stress overcomes my conscience. 

Despite of all that, I hope that in your eyes, both of you will see a strong and righteous person. I hope that you will accept me for who I am and who I wanted to be.

Sometimes, I hope that both of you will think that you have a daughter that is free to make her own choices and priorities. I hope that you are also thankful for having a daughter that doesn't kid around and can stand on her own two feet.

Even though that your words hurt me inside, I still thank them. I still thank you because it made me a stronger and independent person.

And tomorrow, I will wake up and think of a new adventure that lies ahead. I choose to be happy and free because the world is a beautiful place rather than being stuck in the claustrophobic walls of this house.

It's okay. I will be fine because both of you are still the most important people in my life.

No comments: