Saturday, March 30, 2013

Statement

I remembered a friend and mostly the public (classmates, friends,and relatives) asked me,"Why are you still single and unattached?"

Hmmm, I answered a hint of sarcasm. I answered that guys see me as their guy friend because I'm too headstrong and independent. I answered that I don't really need a partner because I can handle myself better.

I can handle myself better. That phrase is always my answer every time somebody asked me if why I an still single.

However, I still long for true love, I mean who doesn't?. People longed for it even if it hurts them a lot and causes destruction to their own lives, because it gives happiness and bliss.

I have been in love with one person but I choose to let him go. I choose to be away from him to follow his dreams even without me by his side.

I remembered that time when he will go to UP Diliman to pursue his studies. If this is on a cheesy movie series, the girl would cry and asked the guy to be on her side forever. I would gladly to write a few words that would suggest the scene. The words will be, "Huwag mo na akong iiwan. Nandito naman ako Eh. Paano na ba ta'yo?" Damn, I would rate and criticize that movie a lot and even react on the girl that be Independent and Free. Huwag kang magdepende sa ibang tao. To have someone, is not an assurance to be happy.

What did I do? I encouraged him to go there as a loyal friend and follow his dream. I never showed any hint of negativity about his plan because that's what he wanted. He's happy that he can achieve greater heights. I was happy for him too, even if I was never a part of his success.

If you really love a person, you have got to let them go even if it hurts your own and curbs your own happiness for love isn't about being selfish, it's about being selfless.

That's the reason why I never believed that Love changes people and if you really love a person, you have to change for him. Love is about acceptance because if you really love a person, you have got to accept who he really is-his own strengths and weaknesses.  In a female's perspective, You fell in love with that guy because of who he is, not by the way he looks physically and attractively. In a male's perspective, it's about the physicality of the female because they are about transfer of genes. (That's just a gist of facts.)

In addition, people wanted to be loved, but being committed to them is another story. I also think that is the reason why I'm still single because I'm afraid that I might lose my independence but that doesn't mean I'm promiscuous. I have dreams too and wanted to aim higher to achieve this goals.

This is what I read: Men are more ludic (multiple sexual partners) because they are all about transfer of genes only. Whenever they have female friends, they are mostly stereotyped as the Alpha Male.

In general, I never fully trusted guys when it comes to love because most of them are ludic, and prefer to choose the easier girls to get that is why, I'm also cautious when it comes to that emotion.

That is also why I react (on my mind) about people complaining they have empty love lives. Man, Are you even ready to enter the game of love? Respect yourself and close the wounds of the past so that you can be fair to the next one who might fall for you.

I'm almost preaching in this blog so pardon me for that. Anyway, I will end this post with a statement:

To have someone, is not an assurance to be happy. Be yourself, and love a person who values that.

Nice Talking :)




No comments: