Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Great Pretender

It is nice to finally meet a friend who have seen the "real" me.

The "real" me is afraid. The type who pretend that she is okay to be able to mingle with other people.

The one who hides her anxiety and angst in life so that people cannot see her weakness.

The person who is trying to be strong and play it safe because she is too coward to take risks.

She said it to me personally and I admire her for that. I admire that she can read me all the time and had the courage to finally say it to my face.

She felt sorry for me. Actually, I even feel more sorry to myself.

All my life, I have been stuck to my obligations for my family and my siblings yet I never choose something for me to be happy.

I have never liked leap of faiths. Let alone, the journey to the unknown because I am too scared.

Yet, All my life I have been pretending to be brave, and to be strong for them.

I have been pretending.

Curse me for that attitude.

Then after that talk we had, It finally hit me.

Though she said all those things, I just listened intently.

Because I know that she is a true and concerned friend that woke me up.

And for that, I will always thank her.

No comments: