Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mother and Me

I was envious of people who are really close to their mothers.

There, I spilled one tiny little secret about me. Well, my relationship with my mother is not really at par than my father. (I was closer to my father.)

My mother and I are very different. My mother is more loud, tactful and speaks what's on her mind all the time. Sometimes, she just baffle out words that hurt me all the time because she is stressed from work and errands. I just let her de-stress by listening to her words, opening my mind on what she will say. I just look at her without any ounce of expression, a blank face and listen.

Then, I realized that "listening" skill of mine is what I inherited from my dad. Whenever they are arguing, my mother will battle it out through her outspoken words and my father will just sit there, listen, and look at her without any ounce of expression.

However, sometimes the disadvantage of being a good listener is that you are judged as being weak and spineless on the outside.

The reason why I am used to being calm and collected (but when it comes to studies, I panic a lot and that is another story) is that I pictured people as my outspoken mother.

I never hated my mother. It's just that, we were not very close.

But I know as time passes, there will be a way that will patch up the relationship between me and my mother.




2 comments:

binchang said...

Urgh. My heart Dam. Mah HEEEAART. (I can post now. Weeeee!)

Damz Mondido said...

SAB!.hahahhaa... thanks for reading.:).